GARDAI QUESTION SEVERAL PEOPLE OVER HALLOWEEN COSTUME FIRENovember 1, 2012 - 7:03pm
Galway Gardai have questioned several people in connection to last night's incident at a city nightclub where an NUI Galway student received serious burns.
21 year old Matthew Sheridan, a second year medical student, is in a critical condition in hospital in Dublin after his Halloween costume caught fire.
The young NUI Galway student who is from Dublin, had been out celebrating Halloween with friends and had dressed up in costume for the occasion.
Matthew Sheridan was in HALO nightclub on Abbeygate street in the city where it's understood his costume caught fire sometime around midnight.
He has now been transferred to St. James Hospital in Dublin where he remains in a critical condition.
In a statement issued to FYI Galway NUI Galway says Matthew Sheridan's classmates, the school faculty and the wider university community were shocked to learn of the tragic circumstances in which he was seriously injured last night
NUI Galway ends the statement by saying ongoing support services are also being made available to support Matthew's classmates through this very upsetting event.